Association for the Advancement of Wound Care Resources:
Association for the Advancement of Wound Care Alerts:
- Surgical Dressing Policy
- Write your Representatives to support Quality Standards for NPWT
- ALERT: Major Changes to the 2012 Skin Replacement Surgery CPT® Codes
- NPWT Public Health Notificatiion
- Alerts – CPT Codes and Therapy Caps 2011
- Alert – Coding Guidelines for New K Codes 7/1/2011
- Negative Pressure Wound Therapy ‐ LCD Documentation ‐ Notice February 2011
- AHRQ: Effective Healthcare Program Information on Diabetic Foot Ulcers Feb 2011
- Debridement Codes APLIGRAF® & DERMAGRAFT® Jan 2011
- Notice of Change for Use of JW Modifier for Discarded Drugs/Biologicals 2010
- CPT Code for Multilayer Compression 2010
- FDA Advice for Patients: Serious Complications with Negative Pressure Wound Therapy Devices 2009
- FDA Preliminary Public Health Notification* Serious Complications Associated with Negative Pressure Wound Therapy Systems 2009
- Please provide examples of EOB for submission to the National Correct Coding Initiative (NCCI) Editorial Board. More Information Here
Association for the Advancement of Wound Care Announcements:
- 2014 AAWC Annual Report
- 2014 AAWC Board of Director Election View Results
- The AAWC “Skin You’re In” Brochure is now an interactive educational module named “Keeping your Skin Healthy”. Enjoy it today!
- Educational Debridement Videos presented by Robert J. Snyder, DPM, MSc, CWS – AAWC President are now available.
- Congratulations to the 2013 AAWC Scholarship Winners
- SAWC Fall 2013 Scholarship Winners.
- AAWC Members receive Healthy Feet, by Dr. Mark Hinkes at a 30% discount! View Benefits
- AAWC is pleased to announce that our newest educational brochure “Take the Pressure Off” is now available in Spanish. Visit the AAWC Resources page to download all of our brochures.
- Recruit a Member Winners 2012 Congratulations to our Recruit a Member Winners! Chad Bagwell recruited by Carmen Oguz. Both win a complimentary AAWC membership renewal for 2013!
- Consensus principles for wound care research obtained using a Delphi process. See this and more resources here
- Request for Nominations for Members for the Medicare Evidence Development & Coverage Advisory Committee. Learn More here.
- EXCITING NEWS! Maryland Governor Martin O’Malley designated Sept 2012 to be Chronic Wound Care Awareness Month in Maryland!
- Wound Care Canada Goes Digital. Read more!
- Congrats to our Winners! Harriet Jones, MD was the recipient of the Free AAWC membership renewal for joining onsite at SAWC Spring. Richard Zatcoff, DPM won the Free 2013 registration to SAWC Spring/Fall for registering to attend SAWC as a member of AAWC.
- The AAWC Auction at Spring SAWC was a great success! Learn more here
- SAWC Award Recipients Cathy Milne, APRN, MSN, CWOCN; Allen Sawyer, PT and Valerie Sullivan, PT, MS, CWS
- The SAWC Spring Scholarship Program Names 3 AAWC members: Sue Girolami, RN, BSN, CWOCN; Jaimee Haan, PT, CWS and Malgorzata Plummer, MD
- Survey Assistance Needed Please take time to complete the following Surveys: Leg Ulcer Survey Wound Prognostic Test Survey
- “EXCITING NEWS! The Governor of Georgia supports our mission by declaring April 2012 to be Chronic Wound Care Month! Read the Proclamation.
- AAWC Fall 2011 Winners
- AAWC Collaborates with the Alliance of Wound Care Stakeholders
These wound management resources are saved for continued access to wound management information. Here you will find topics on different types of wounds, including Pressure Ulcers or Bed Sores, Venous Ulcers, Lacerations and Open Wounds.