The Association for the Advancement of Wound Care was conceived in 1995. It is the preeminent, multidisciplinary organization dedicated to the research and clinical application of evidence – based wound care. As a not for profit association, AAWC gives numerous benefits to build a collaborative wound care community for optimal care of those who suffer with chronic non-healing wounds.
AAWC Vision: To set the standard and advocate for all wound care.
Interested in exactly how an AAWC membership can save you money? Read this story about all the savings that come with membership !
Benefits of Professional Membership
Professional Growth, Education & Credits
- Career Center: Post jobs at $100 to $1000 off normal pricing. Search and post resumes for free.
- Committees/Task forces: Networking & involvement.
- Educational Wound Image Sets on CD Rom:* 50% discount.
- Global Volunteers: Apply to travel to underprivileged areas to teach.
- Scholarship Program: Awards for education, learning and travel/exchange programs.
- Speakers Bureau: Speak at conferences, regional meetings or other engagements.
- Symposium on Advanced Wound Care – 20% discount on registration. Earn credits.
- Wound Care Glossary: Created by AAWC Members to advance the practice.
- Wound Certification Prep Course™ – 15% discount. Earn credits.
- Wound Clinic Business meetings – 20% discount. Call 800-237-7285, ext 233. Earn credits.
- Virtual Wound Modules*
Journals, Books, Newsletters and Directories
- Chronic Wound Care 5* – 25% discount.*
- Healthy Feet – a 30% discount*
- Journal of Wound Care (JWC) – Discounts on online/print subscriptions with Member I.D.
- Membership Directory – Update your preferences so that others can find you!
- International Wound Journal – Free subscription.
- Ostomy/Wound Management*** – Automatic print subscription with membership.
- Scottsdale Wound Management Guide* – 25% discount.
- Today’s Wound Clinic* –15% discount.
- Wound Clinic Directory* – Include your facility for free by filling out this form.
- WOUNDS: A Compendium of Clinical Research and Practice.***
- Quarterly AAWC Newsletter**
- Certificate of Membership, Wallet cards and Member Decals.****
- Proud Member AAWC Logo for use on business cards or websites.*
- Wound Patient’s Bill of Rights – suitable for framing and display.****
- Information & Support any time you need it.
* Order products, access free items or receive promo codes in the “Members Only” Store.
** View past issues/editions in the Members Only section.
*** (US and Canada only. Online subscriptions for other members. Call 800.237.7285, ext. 246)
**** Mailed within 4 weeks of membership or renewal.