About AAWC & Benefits
The Association for the Advancement of Wound Care was conceived in 1995. The Association’s focus is on education, public policy, and the application of evidence-based wound care practice. As a nonprofit association, AAWC gives members numerous benefits through a professional and supportive collaborative wound care community.
AAWC is a 501c3 Association and does not engage in any lobbying activity.
Interested in exactly how an AAWC membership can save you money? Read this story about all the savings that come with membership!
Benefits of Professional Membership
Professional Growth, Education & Credits
- Career Center: Post jobs at $100 off normal pricing. *
Search and post resumes for free.
- Committees/Task forces: Networking & involvement.
- Educational Wound Image Sets on CD Rom: 50% discount. *
- Global Volunteers: Apply to travel to underprivileged areas to teach.
- Scholarship Program: Awards for education, learning and travel/exchange programs.
- Speakers Bureau: Speak at conferences, regional meetings or other engagements.
- Symposium on Advanced Wound Care – 20% discount on registration. Earn credits. **
- Wound Care Glossary: Created by AAWC Members to advance the practice.
- Wound Certification Prep Course™ – 15% discount. Earn credits. **
- Wound Clinic Business meetings – 20% discount. Call 800-237-7285, ext 233. Earn credits. **
- Perks and Pearls Program – Members can contribute wound care pearls through an easy to use submission form and will be recognized.
Journals, Books, Newsletters and Directories
- Chronic Wound Care: The Essentials – 25% discount. **
- Healthy Feet – a 30% discount. **
- Journal of Wound Care (JWC) – a 15% discount. **
- Membership Directory – Update your preferences so others can find you!
- International Wound Journal – Free subscription.
- Ostomy/Wound Management – Automatic print subscription with membership. ***
- Scottsdale Wound Management Guide – 25% discount. **
- Today’s Wound Clinic – 15% discount. **
- Wound Clinic Directory – Include your facility for free by filling out this form & obtain your
free PDF copy. **
- WOUNDS: A Compendium of Clinical Research and Practice. Automatic print subscription with membership. ***
- AAWC Newsletter – winter/spring and summer/fall and an Annual Report in the summer. **
Membership Items & Support
- Certificate of Membership, Wallet cards and Member Decals. ****
- Wound Patient’s Bill of Rights – suitable for framing and display. ****
- Proud Member AAWC Logo for use on business cards or websites. *
- Information & Support any time you need it.
* Order discounted or free items in the “Members Only” Store.
** Obtain your meeting and book discounts as well as view editions of newsletters and directories in Members Only.
*** US and Canada only. Online subscriptions for other members. Call 800.237.7285, ext. 4246
**** Mailed within 4 weeks of membership or renewal.