The Association for the Advancement of Wound Care was conceived in 1995. It is the preeminent, multidisciplinary organization dedicated to the research and clinical application of evidence – based wound care. As a not for profit association, AAWC gives numerous benefits to build a collaborative wound care community for optimal care of those who suffer with chronic non-healing wounds.
Interested in exactly how an AAWC membership can save you money? Read this story about all the savings that come with membership !
Benefits of Professional Membership
- Speakers Bureau: Want to be chosen to speak at conferences, regional meetings or other engagements? Learn More
- Annual Scholarship Program For Education and Travel
- AAWC Global Volunteers: Apply to travel to underprivileged areas to teach.
- 20% discount* on registration to the Symposium on Advanced Wound Care (The largest gathering of the wound care community.) Register in “Members Only” page
- 20% discount on registration to Native American Wound Care Conference. Register on Native Nations website and provide your Membership Id number. Number is on your Certificate of Membership, Wallet/ID card or in the membership system (username and password required to access system).
- 15% discount for the Wound Certification Prep Course™. Register in “Members Only” page
- 20% discount to Wound Clinic Business regional meetings. Call 800-237-7285, ext 233 to obtain the discount. Please do not register online as the discount will not apply.
- Virtual Wound Modules – Log in through “Members Only” page for online Wound Care Education.
Journals and Books
- New: AAWC Members receive Healthy Feet, by Dr. Mark Hinkes at a 30% discount from www.dr-mark.net when using a members-only promotional code. Members can access the promotional code in the Member’s Only Store.
- Automatic subscription to BOTH official wound care journals: Ostomy/Wound Management and WOUNDS: A Compendium of Clinical Research and Practice. With updates on AAWC activities in the Association Pages.
- 25% discount on Scottsdale Wound Management Guide – Order in the AAWC Members Only page
- 15% discount on Today’s Wound Clinic – Order in the “Members Only” page
- 25% discount on Chronic Wound Care 5 – Order in the “Members Only” page
- Discounts offered for online and print subscriptions to the Journal of Wound Care (JWC) with your Membership ID Number. To register visit JWC
- Apply for a free subscription to the International Wound Journal
- Quarterly AAWC Newsletter
- 50% discount on AAWC Educational Wound Image Sets on CD Rom
- Access to the AAWC Membership Directory
- Annual Wound Clinic Directory with free inclusion of your wound care facility
- AAWC Career Center: Employers can post jobs and reap savings from $100 to $1000, visit Careers in Wound Care to learn more.
- Proud Member AAWC Logo for use on business cards or websites. Available on the Members Store via “Members Only” page
- Certificate of Membership, Wallet card and Member Decal for the Association for the Advancement of Wound Care.
- A copy of the Wound Patient’s Bill of Rights suitable for framing and display
- Information & Support any time you need it
- Options for wound care networking, committee and task force involvement
- Direct access to the AAWC Wound Care Glossary. Please note that AAWC shares this as a public service to advance the practice.
- Additional benefits for members are under consideration and development